Sunday, May 3, 2009

My Journey In Gendergraphics

I've always been drawn to niches...hate being part of the pack! And believe me, in 1998, marketing to women was barely on the radar---a niche, at the very most. Andrea Learned was still 6 years away from publishing her groundbreaking book, "Don't Think Pink" and marketing to women was not taken seriously. I had read Deborah Tannen's book, You Just Don't Understand--Women and Men In Conversation, and became hooked on Gendergraphics. Next, I uncovered Judy Tingley, who was about to publish a book called Gendersell. In 1998, I scheduled Judy to conduct seminars for one of the largest dealership groups in Houston---Sterling McCall Auto Group. That was followed by a presentation by Judy to a group of 20 Infinti dealers in Phoenix. Over the years, I've kept a close eye on "marketing to women". I've started this blog because I believe that "MTW" has come to a turning point. The recession has brought a great deal of focus to this once unappreciated marketing dynamic.

No comments:

Post a Comment